BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > GDP Feature advantage/disadvantage?

GDP Feature advantage/disadvantage?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 08/20/2014 02:34:22
Overall Posts Rated:
Just wondering if anyone has figured out how much of an advantage it is for a correct pick vs disadvantage for incorrect? Is it the same for both?

If you know an opponent only plays two offenses are you better off getting one right & one wrong or are you better off not using it at all?

Im sure this has been covered somewhere but couldn't really find it in the forums.

This Post:
262234.3 in reply to 262234.1
Date: 08/21/2014 10:41:04
Krituliai
III.16
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Kritulio Urėdija
I don't know how it is with the scores, bet when it comes to ratings...

For example for me, when I guess correctly, it gives me a ~0,6+ team rating boost, mostly on OD and ID and about the same with the offence rating, which depends from the attack that I'm using.

When my guesses are incorrect, I lose about ~0,3 team ratings.

About focus and pace guessing - in my opinion, the advantage they give must be even (for example 5 pts both)., because they both have the same nuber of variants to guess. If it was like 6 for the focus and 3 for the pace, then everything would be normal with the different advantage given.

This Post:
262234.4 in reply to 262234.2
Date: 08/25/2014 14:44:14
Overall Posts Rated:
guessing the focus has the same value with guessing the pace. It was posted in the Greek forums by GM-sarithin in season 26 changes. Besides would be not logical if guessing the pace was more important because if u guess focus right and pace wrong u still have a small advantage which is unfair because u made a wrong guess after all.

On top of that everybody would start guessing only the focus which is the minimal risk choice with minimum loss if u guess wrong and maximum results if u guess right, which again is unfair advantage for your opponent. Normal focus for example, covers basic offense,push the ball, patient, and outer inner isolation tactics. 5 tactics with one guess only, totally unfair ! :P

This Post:
262234.5 in reply to 262234.4
Date: 08/25/2014 16:17:08
Overall Posts Rated:
This is a really interesting discussion.
I've been wondering lately if calling GDP Inside even matters that much against Look Inside, as Look Inside is already a better offense in most cases than BO. In other words, say you'd beat a team by 20 playing LI, but only by 5 playing BO. If they call GDP "They'll attack inside!", if that doesn't hold you down by 15 points of where you would be, it's a wash. Whereas, if you play BO, and they call it, you'd lose the game.

Does calling Look Inside correctly with GDP just pretty much bring your opponent down to the level of playing Base Offense with no GDP called?

This Post:
262234.6 in reply to 262234.5
Date: 08/25/2014 16:31:58
Overall Posts Rated:
why not? if your very good in LI and your players are only specialized on this kind of offense, playing LI against a GDP could work better than playing another offense. but still. if your players are that much focused on playing LI and you play constantly LI your oppnents will GDP you all the time. doesnt matter if you play LI against GDP or base offense. it hurts you anyway

This Post:
262234.9 in reply to 262234.3
Date: 08/26/2014 00:35:06
Overall Posts Rated:
For example for me, when I guess correctly, it gives me a ~0,6+ team rating boost, mostly on OD and ID and about the same with the offence rating, which depends from the attack that I'm using.

When my guesses are incorrect, I lose about ~0,3 team ratings.

So you think it is better to get one guess right and one wrong then to not guess at all?

In relation to some of the other discussion i think that its very clear that GDP has made everyone develop their teams so that they are able to perform well in more than one offensively. Teams can no longer rely on just one tactic unless they are a MUCH better team than the rest of the league which basically makes it not very smart economically.

This Post:
262234.10 in reply to 262234.9
Date: 08/26/2014 03:51:31
Krituliai
III.16
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Kritulio Urėdija
So you think it is better to get one guess right and one wrong then to not guess at all?

In my opinion, there's no difference.

Message deleted