BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > How important is passing?

How important is passing?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 08/01/2014 11:04:41
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey guys. I scored a pretty decent trainee later in the draft last season I was going to try and mold him into a SG (if that position looks most plausible). My question is how important is the passing skill for a SG? I use the Look Inside/ Low Post tactic a lot, as my current PG does a really good job dishing in the paint to my solid bigs. I was hoping this trainee could help relieve some of the pressure I have on my kind of one-sided offense. Do you think I should train passing on him so he could help support my PG? Or go for more of a shooter with a good driving ability? Any help on what skills to train and for how long would be appreciated! His stats are below:

Owner: North Davidson Black Knights

Weekly salary: $ 2 951
Role: draws a paycheck
(BuzzerBeta)

DMI: 37200
Height: 6'4" / 193 cm
Potential: superstar
Game Shape: strong

Jump Shot: average Jump Range: respectable
Outside Def.: respectable Handling: awful
Driving: average Passing: awful
Inside Shot: respectable Inside Def.: average ↑
Rebounding: inept Shot Blocking: atrocious
Stamina: average Free Throw: pitiful

Experience: atrocious

This Post:
261813.2 in reply to 261813.1
Date: 08/01/2014 13:49:12
Overall Posts Rated:
Well I would get his outside defensive up, driving ,handling too.. a little more jumpshot as well, My opinion not saying its gospel and you must do it.

As far as passing that's on you ,if have a good point guard passing a little passing on sg will never hurt I don't think. just keep it up, train it as well . You can add some scoring to the pg and sg.. Then you'll have 3 players who score.

This Post:
261813.3 in reply to 261813.1
Date: 08/01/2014 13:58:58
Overall Posts Rated:
I would definitely say you'll need to get his passing (and handling) up. The handling should come along when you train 1 on 1, either for guards or for forwards (to add even more to his already nice starting IS). Passing will need training individually, but I would definitely look for that as well. My personal guideline is that I don't ever want to have any player with handling or passing below respectable, because turnovers are bad and assists are good.

I think making him into an SG or a PG type or a hybrid can all work. If you want a guy that fits in more with the inside tactics, you could do a fair bit of one on one for forwards, which will increase his IS and give him nice boosts in driving. You'd definitely need to upgrade the passing, and of course defense is always important, but the order you go with that is entirely up to you.