BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > U21 National Team Debate Thread

U21 National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
296456.27 in reply to 296456.26
Date: 10/25/2018 1:00:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
@JK - I respectfully disagree with your first statement. The power to appoint staff and choose tactics comes with winning office. In a perfect world, that would include access to The Bronson also.

@Wardo - Being that you are officially banned from the unofficial Discord chat, where even the mention of your handle on a public thread there violates their private code of conduct. What would be the plan for the self proclaimed "King of Twos" in the event he shocks the world and Zion is saved an 8th time?

@Candidates - Where would you balance your preference of lineups/tactical decisions with input from special interests like the Offsite or the Unofficial Discord (aka 'Medium Dark' Cabal)? Particularly in games of consequence.

As a former U21 coach (Jamaica/Bahamas), I believe it's reasonable to expect the winning coach to execute their duties with confidence, independence, and the accountability for those choices. Where they seek counsel is less of a priority and is ultimately their business.. Placating and/or kowtowing to special interests is not in the job description.

Last edited by Mixx at 10/25/2018 1:46:41 AM

This Post:
296456.29 in reply to 296456.28
Date: 10/25/2018 3:30:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
1. Being the head scout, you will have to work closely with me (or fire me, remove me, whatever!) as well as the rest of the staff/USA U21 community. While not being explicitly stated, many managers want to be involved in the decision making when it comes to tactics and rostering even if the Head Coach does not agree. How do you plan on dealing with these expectations?

@JK - This is the bit I disagreed with in your previous statement. The winner is not compelled to 'work closely' with anyone. 'Head Scout' is not an official position, nor are any previous 'staff' appointments. These decisions are the sole discretion of the elected coach. Ideally, they would post it on the official page. If they chose not to it wouldn't be major.

Additionally, I took issue with these 'many managers' mentioned in your post. Specifically addressing their upfront 'wants' for control over core coaching decisions appear entiltled at best, grossly overreaching at worst.

Not every opinion has equal weight. Micro-management and over democratization of the NT's hasn't yielded great results. That's stating it politely, perhaps even to a fault.

Last edited by Mixx at 10/25/2018 3:41:41 AM

To: Mixx
This Post:
296456.35 in reply to 296456.27
Date: 10/25/2018 5:24:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am ban because of JKal.

This Post:
296456.36 in reply to 296456.34
Date: 10/25/2018 5:25:43 AM
Upsyndrome
IV.14
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Upsyndrome II
Greetings all,

firstly I would just like to say how impressed I am at this field of U21 candidates. I'm almost at disbelief that this is the field of candidates for the U21 NT, and not the senior NT. There are many competent managers here worthy of leading the U21 team to success (especially including the accomplished frenchmen and the NBBA veteran, to point out a few).

However, I am here to endorse one manager in particular that I strongly support for the U21 manager position: Khenry. Now, these past few seasons I have tried my best to stay as inconspicuous as possible, hiding in the shadows and lurking from afar -- helping with training and tactic advice here and there. In recent months I have been more active on the USA Discord channel and more engaged in both U21 and NT discussion. On Discord, behind the scenes, I noticed Khenry was very active in the USA U21 discussion (even as Nippon U21 manager). He even messaged me directly to brainstorm ideas and explore different methods that challenged conventional U21 ways of thinking. We shared the same ideologies in regards to favoring high TSP players and how to better utilize such players in unique lineups and tactical decisions. I respected his ambition for the Nippon U21 team and his competitive drive to explore any option necessary to succeed.

Anyways, as a manager currently training multi-skilled U21 players (forwards), I would like to know that my players are being utilized as best as possible and that the U21 team has the best chance at success and I believe strongly that Khenry is the right man for the job. He has the drive. He has the ambitions. And I know he will explore every option necessary.

Best of luck to all candidates,
A-Dub

"You will lose." -Ivan Drago
Advertisement