BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Chemistry

Chemistry

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 08/10/2008 06:23:43
Overall Posts Rated:
If possible the game should let teams that don’t make too many trades and keep the same players for longer periods of time have better team chemistry. Just like in real life most teams rarely can buy their championships it comes from a few years of working to together and knowing where to feed your big the ball or when to hit the guard coming off the pick. As well with defense about knowing when your teammate will come to help and when he won’t.

To many teams who have been around since season1 or 2 are buying players and leaning on their talents to win. If it’s one or two players ok but when it is a 2 players every month there is no way the tam would not take a hit from not knowing their teammates traits on the court. I have played ball from high school to college to semi pro as well and the best team I played for were the ones, who were the longest together,

Let me know what you guys think.
Ken

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.
This Post:
41991.2 in reply to 41991.1
Date: 08/10/2008 09:31:26
Overall Posts Rated:
I know this was suggested quite a while ago already, I just can't seem to find the thread.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
41991.3 in reply to 41991.2
Date: 08/10/2008 09:52:30
Overall Posts Rated:
I would like to go through it if someone can find it

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.
This Post:
41991.4 in reply to 41991.3
Date: 08/10/2008 10:17:30
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah, sorry I didn't find it, I'd liked to have directed us there...
It must have been several months now since it was originally suggested. I recall it had to do with taking care of day-trading...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
41991.5 in reply to 41991.4
Date: 08/10/2008 12:51:02
Overall Posts Rated:
this suggestion seems to me old like BB itself, I hope it is done already;)

This Post:
41991.6 in reply to 41991.4
Date: 08/10/2008 15:47:48
Overall Posts Rated:
This has nothing to do with day trading

This is a part of all sports around the world. THe longer teams play together the better the team is. I hate seeing teams buy players right before big games or the playoffs to win or advance. Let the teams that train players and build up their palyers have something to show for it. |Even if it means the experience goes up faster or the offensive and defensive flow is better.

This Post:
41991.7 in reply to 41991.6
Date: 08/10/2008 17:18:23
Overall Posts Rated:
i doN't see that they want us to train our whole team, and i want some action in a game.

So if i stay with the same rooster all the times, it could become boring.

There are even some difficult betwenn players who ain't good if you keep then together all the time ;)

This Post:
41991.8 in reply to 41991.7
Date: 08/11/2008 04:04:44
Overall Posts Rated:
Your right some players need to be broken up. You as the GM have to make that decision. Most players get better over the course of time together. So let’s not talk about the few examples that change this theory. If anything I can say that most newly acquired players need between 3-4 weeks to adjust with their new system and teammates. Her in the BB world they need to be just acquired.

That makes more sense.

This Post:
41991.9 in reply to 41991.8
Date: 08/13/2008 19:12:30
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Who says that players on the same team together for a long time make good chemistry? Did Kobe and Shaq have better chemistry after a long time together, or did they just make more inflammatory raps about each other? I agree that players could understand each other better and as a result play better together, but this could be counterbalanced by teams with players having poor morale because they can't stand each other anymore. Winning has more to do with chemistry than how well players play together.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!

This Post:
41991.10 in reply to 41991.9
Date: 08/29/2008 19:06:37
Overall Posts Rated:
Who says that players on the same team together for a long time make good chemistry? Did Kobe and Shaq have better chemistry after a long time together, or did they just make more inflammatory raps about each other? I agree that players could understand each other better and as a result play better together, but this could be counterbalanced by teams with players having poor morale because they can't stand each other anymore. Winning has more to do with chemistry than how well players play together.

He's not talking about personal chemistry. He's talking about team chemistry.

IMHO, this would add a positive dimension to the game. It would provide an incentive to keep the same core together instead of rebuilding every month, because let's face it, that's not realistic. It would force managers to choose between team experience or breaking up your unit for long-term improvement.

This Post:
41991.11 in reply to 41991.10
Date: 08/29/2008 19:11:22
Overall Posts Rated:
He's not talking about personal chemistry. He's talking about team chemistry.

IMHO, this would add a positive dimension to the game. It would provide an incentive to keep the same core together instead of rebuilding every month, because let's face it, that's not realistic. It would force managers to choose between team experience or breaking up your unit for long-term improvement.

It will also make the game next to unplayable for new teams who have to develop relatively rapidly.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."