This Post:
292450.3 in reply to 292450.1
Date: 02/07/2018 13:38:03
Tamarillo Wings
IV.17
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slam Drunk Celtics
I definitely appreciate IS on my guards, I really believe it is an important addition to their skill set and I would be happy to train them until 14 if possibile.

However, even if IS doesn't cost too much in terms of cap, I wonder if it's worth to train them for so long considering they'll be anyway limited in primary skills due to their potential. I'm sure they'd be very valuable, the question is: can you reach satisfactory OD/PA/JS levels with a perennial all star potential? If the answer (I don't know the average rating in your country divisions) is yes it might be worth, but I do believe 11 might be anyway a solid starting point

This Post:
292450.5 in reply to 292450.4
Date: 02/07/2018 17:51:52
Tamarillo Wings
IV.17
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slam Drunk Celtics
Well, if you want to maximise their potential, improving IS is a very good choice. IS 12+ is pretty tough to defend for opponents guards, especially in a man to man defence.

I guess (according to their TSP) the already have a foundation in primary skills, so this won't extend too much your training plan and they'll definitely benefit from this training. However, pay attention to provide a good DR level to enhance inside shot/driving layups in terms of shot selection. You can even consider 1vs1 forwards to provide some IS decimals while training DR if you need some additional DR training.

The only pity is they'll reach the cap before becoming extremely skilled guards in outside skills, maybe next time you'll train some players with more potential. But I really appreciate your emphasis in secondary skills and they'll be a good fit in your division

This Post:
292450.8 in reply to 292450.7
Date: 02/08/2018 03:55:55
Tamarillo Wings
IV.17
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slam Drunk Celtics
I agree that 12 JS is not such a consistent level but, regardless of IS, with a potential 7 it's really hard to get more than that. JS 12, PA 12, OD 15 and the cap is almost gone, you can even try to find some cap from PA/OD but I definitely believe it's not the right choice. Maybe you can stop DR/HN to 14 to recover space for one pop in JS.

Let's assuming without additional training in IS they'll be like that (https://i.imgur.com/hMkNqx5.png). If you're lucky, you have a high potential perennial all star and you might provide additional JS-JR...15-10 maybe. But, if this is a low perennial, could be capped there and his useless will be limited.

Providing IS, the situation will be similar (https://i.imgur.com/VWUPVXd.png), if you're lucky the pops in JS will give you an excellent player. If not, this player will still have the opportunity to play a role in your team. Not in outside offences, but you cannot have everything with a perennial ^^

This Post:
292450.11 in reply to 292450.9
Date: 02/08/2018 04:54:24
Tamarillo Wings
IV.17
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slam Drunk Celtics
Let's see what happen so!