This Post:
Date: 07/06/2017 05:34:30
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Hello everyone!

I'm opening this thread in your league forums because every user in Scotland is playing here and I hope that you'll read something from time to time here ...

As I mentioned last season, I'm very open to criticism - but it doesn't very much help if 2 out 5 people just "dislike" me as their U21-coach. I can only assume that one of the two votes against me is from macgiver after I had to drop Thomas Chalmers. His gameshape just doesn't help with the team - even if his training was great and I'd love to have him on the team. But you guys have to communicate with me. Ally, ghunter and ArisEdi are people that reply to my messages. A couple (like Taintum and macgiver) sometimes seem to read them. I haven't had any dealings with our new NT-coach, magik - but I didn't have the time to contact him yet. We're slowly making progress even if it doesn't always show. We've got a couple of young NT players that will (if they find out that it helps their own team if the player has perfect gameshape) improve the NT. And we have a lot more young players that are being trained by you and a couple of foreign users ... so I won't have to nominate a lot of 18 year old guys for the team any more. It's still not ideal, we have more potential ... but we're on the right track. I'd love to continue as you U21 team manager - but I need some more help. Communication is essential to get the U21 moving into the right direction.

A friend of mine - statsman - did a tremendous job, getting Korea (with 4 users) to host the Asian championship and almost made it to the semi-finals. If they can accomplish such a feat with just 4-5 managers training young players, we can do better if you help me ... I've found a couple of friends that are willing to train players, but the most important managers are you in Scotland. We need you to draft players, to train them - and, if you cannot train them, to sell them.

I'm positive that we have a somewhat bright future ahead of us if we get everything working. Please help me improve our players further ....

Have a great season everyone - and please feel free to send me a message if you have any questions whatsoever!!

Cheers, Wendell

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!
This Post:
288398.2 in reply to 288398.1
Date: 07/17/2017 15:47:17
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Well, this is rather annoying. (42836) We could have gotten away with a third win and only lost by 3 (Eric Stein missed the last 3 pointer to tie the game) ... we're definitely on the right track but I don't like losing a lot. Especially since the game was so close and if I had tried to invest a little bit more enthusiasm, we definitely would have won. Too bad ... we just have to try to win a couple of other games. Or at least one to make up for the loss today ...

The only positive thing is that our bench was awesome tonight. John MacLeay and Michael Bethune had +16 in the +/- ratings ... that's great - especially since most of our bench players (and some starters) aren't 21 years old yet. So let's see what we can accomplish in the seasons to come. But for now, we'll just look forward and try to do the best we can for the next couple of days ...

Thanks for your training efforts and keep the good gameshape up ... looks very promising!!

This Post:
288398.3 in reply to 288398.2
Date: 07/31/2017 17:30:09
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Well, finally another win! (42911) I would have liked it a lot more if we'd won the game against Ireland as well and would have a 4-1 record. But the 3-2 record will have to do for now. We've already got the same amount of wins like two seasons ago. And we've got three more game to go. Those are going to be near impossible to win but we won't give up and try to do our best - as always.

Our 20 year olds are developing great (at least most of them) - so I definitely hope to have a team that will be able to sneak away with a couple of wins next season as well. I still don't know what I do wrong. Sure, 3 managers approve of my job which is very nice and good to know. But another one changed his (or her) vote to negative. I'd just like to know what you'd like me to do different. I'm very happy tryining to help everyone improve their players ... but no one has contacted and complained to me about something I've done wrong in his/her opinion. I'd very much like to have a conversation with the three guys that disapprove of me as their U21 team manager. I'd like to continue next season but would like to know what you expect of me ...

Cheers and have a nice evening,

Wendell

This Post:
288398.4 in reply to 288398.3
Date: 08/02/2017 12:58:10
Overall Posts Rated:
Fantastic result. You're doing an amazing job especially considering that we have no real star player in the team.

Hopefully you can squeeze in one more victory but 3 wins is already great.

This Post:
288398.5 in reply to 288398.4
Date: 08/02/2017 15:25:54
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Thanks, I'll try to win every game - but some games are just not winnable But we'll see - with a bit of luck we'll have another shot at a victory

This Post:
288398.6 in reply to 288398.5
Date: 08/21/2017 17:37:18
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Well guys, that was a great win to finish the regular season. We won against a good team with a combined team effort. We don't have any star-players on the team and still we managed to finish the season with a perfectly even record 4-4 and +/- 0 on points differential. We didn't make the playoffs (which was a long shot anyway) but we were very close. If Eric Stein had made the 3 pointer to tie the game against Ireland, we might have finished with a 5-3 record. But it's always good if there's some room to improve - mind you, just some, otherwise I would have done bad job and I'm confident that I did a good job this season. The other point I really want to improve in the future is to win games against our neighbors and natural rivals Ireland, Wales (and in the long run, England).

We've had great improvement concerning managers that train players and keep them in good gameshape. Thanks to everyone and welcome again to the new managers that are really helping getting our national teams moving into the right direction!

I definitely want to run again for at least another two seasons and would be honored if you voted for me ... and again: I'd very much like to hear from the 3 people that don't approve of my work so far...

So keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to a couple of great scrimmages ...

Cheers, Wendell

This Post:
288398.7 in reply to 288398.6
Date: 08/22/2017 08:57:03
Overall Posts Rated:
Congratulations on a great season! You've done an amazing job to get 4 wins and have really improve our ranking.

You'll definitely have my vote next season

This Post:
288398.8 in reply to 288398.1
Date: 09/11/2017 17:51:07
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Well guys, that was a memorable game - even if it was "just" a scrimmage!

Eric Stein made sure to play at his top level in the game that made him the game with the most caps played in scottish u21 history! (43349) He was almost unstoppable, hitting 5-11 threes, a couple of free throws and even dishing out 5 assists. It's a bit sad that he had to change teams so often in his young carreer - otherwise he probably would have dominated a lot earlier. But still he always was a good player to have on the team and now that he's got a great manager to look after him, he might even become a backup for the senior NT - despite of his "lack" of talent

It's great that we finally managed to beat Korea ... they're always good to match up against and I already try to find a good mix for the roster for next season. It's definitely promising with quite a couple of you training your youngsters ... thanks again for your support and I definitely hope that I'll be back after the election for another two seasons

Take care and have a great week, everyone!