BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Trainee help

Trainee help

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/28/2016 14:10:50
Overall Posts Rated:
so i've been with BB a couple of months but havent been really active until i got my trainee this season. can anyone suggest what route i'd need to take for him to be an efficient player? at least around 45% FG around 6+ RB and 5+ assist per game averages and not be a turnover machine? thanks guys!

Weekly salary: $ 3 004
Role: regular starter
(BuzzerBeta)

DMI: 12100
Height: 6'9" / 206 cm
Potential: superstar
Game Shape: respectable

Jump Shot: mediocre

Jump Range: mediocre

Outside Def.: respectable

Handling: inept

Driving: respectable

Passing: respectable

Inside Shot: respectable

Inside Def.: average

Rebounding: average

Shot Blocking: respectable

Stamina: awful

Free Throw: mediocre

Experience: atrocious

TSP: 61 (35 + 26)

This Post:
276291.2 in reply to 276291.1
Date: 01/28/2016 19:27:29
Overall Posts Rated:
His guard skills are good, especially his OD, DR and PA. If possible, I recommend training his Outside Defense and Passing until he hits strong or proficient. Then move on to 1v1 Guards to increase his Handling so that he won't lose the ball as often.

If you want to continue with his guard skills, you can also train JS Guards to improve his Jump Shot. A big with a decent jumper has the ability to torch opposing bigs that have low OD.

Field goal percentage-wise, training his Inside Shot to a decent level (prolific, for example) will allow your trainee to make shots at a consistent rate (as long as he doesn't go against a defensive monster). His rebounding doesn't need to be super high in order to grab a few boards each game.

This Post:
276291.3 in reply to 276291.2
Date: 01/29/2016 06:39:40
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks sir.

so maybe i'll do OD and jumpshot next season as i've read somewhere in the forums that training passing does not have a big penalty even when his age is already above 20. I hope i can train him to reach 100 tsp by the end of age 22?

Last edited by Doug Mcdermott at 01/29/2016 14:48:02

This Post:
276291.5 in reply to 276291.4
Date: 01/29/2016 14:46:19
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi,

Thank you for the response, I currently do not have another trainee, but i got a 5star 5pot 6'1 ready in this years draft and i am a lock on first pick. also as an added assurance that draft pick has stats on all with a guarantee of average OD and Respectable SB so they might pose problems to coexist training since both might be on off position training.

Going into my current trainee i think that's a great idea going 1v1 forwards, hopefully would hit around 9-12 on HA and DR. then at age 20 if i do OD and PA maybe they should hit around 9-11 each? by the age of 21 should he be already done on the off position training? i currently have a level 5 trainer on him and am planning to try and go for a lvl 6 trainer next season. i think i'd train some SB instead of RB after to try and go for an unconventional team, i think i'll get a pop with rb on the 1v1 hopefully. but it's a long way of seasons ahead. training players got me interested more and if this draftee will have a chance at u21 i think i might change training plan and have this current guy go along with it. :)