BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Micro (mergers) - game restart

Micro (mergers) - game restart

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 09/30/2015 05:49:50
Overall Posts Rated:
I was looking at some user numbers and did a very basic comparison of the distirbution among countries.

There are
50 countries with 50 or less users - this accounts for ~3,27% of BB population.
64 countries with 150 or less users - 8,97% of BB
69 with 200 or less - 12,81% of BB

The ten biggest nations represent 55,08% of BB. The top 20 represent 75,05%.

As I have seen in Austria, we probably have like dozens of signups every season an most of those teams quit in the first few weeks - I think, its because the unfair competition and the extremely long time it takes to catch up. Micronation merger/shutdown has been discussed extensively over the last few years and it seems that this is a huge issue why BB is shrinking at this pace.

In my opinion shutting down the 70 smallest countries would have a very minor impact on the game, but could stabilize the big nations and solve a truckload of other problems. A very ambitious move would be to shut down all but 20 nations and construct regional leagues.

Question would be, how the redistribution of those teams could be done, without pissing off too many users. Has there ever been a thought of resetting the game? This could be an option too, I think rebuildung the databases, setting up better sustainable structures, removing Utopia and integrate teams into real world leagues etc. could be a huge win in the long run.

This is no suggestion (yet), maybe we can have a nice conversation or some kind of positive exchange on this topic...

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
273721.4 in reply to 273721.3
Date: 09/30/2015 14:46:29
Overall Posts Rated:
Thx Perpete for moving the thread to the trash can.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
Message deleted
This Post:
273721.9 in reply to 273721.5
Date: 10/01/2015 06:03:08
Overall Posts Rated:
all ideas that make it more competetiv r welcome

germany is in the good spot to be one of the "larger nations" but the level is sinking..to many cupgames versus bots, to many league games versus bots or inactive users, to many league games versus "tanker" etc pp

i dont care about wat league level i play, if i get the thrill, two times a week, to battle versus a other "human" with a competitiv roster

wat about makin it simple and makin one "World League"

sorry for that messed up english ;)