Suggestions > Another training idea

Another training idea

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
273717.2 in reply to 273717.1
Date: 09/29/2015 22:15:51
Overall Posts Rated:
All player who get minutes would get some training. All 48s getting at least team training.
Oops, still that illogical link to minutes. Thumbs down.

In this case I think it would be nice to have an 'exceptions' option ...
It's always a bad sign when a suggestion needs exceptions, corrections, etc. before the post is even complete.

This Post:
273717.4 in reply to 273717.3
Date: 09/29/2015 23:52:00
Overall Posts Rated:
I know. My point remains. If you have to make exceptions, your own system doesn't do what you want it to do.

But most of all the problem is that you still require minutes. That is a fundamental flaw in the current training system, and any rework of training that doesn't correct that is just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. I do like your idea of picking players to train, but that needs to be completely irrespective of minutes.

This Post:
273717.6 in reply to 273717.5
Date: 09/30/2015 11:22:54
Overall Posts Rated:
Only idiots confuse the idea that you can develop skills outside of games to think that without ever stepping foot in a real game somehow you will be able to apply your skills.
Only idiots mistake what you wrote for my argument. If you don't understand my position please just save your insults and shiite for the next time you want to be banned.

However, glad to see you are taking baby steps in the direction I advocate:
the idea of minutes being required is optional

This Post:
273717.8 in reply to 273717.7
Date: 10/01/2015 10:25:54
Overall Posts Rated:
In general, the only illogical thing here is the basic proposition that players should be developed in BB without any actual playing experience ...
Yes, and those who distort a logical argument into one such as you state here do it either because they don't understand a more logical approach, or just to play Devil's Advocate. The guys who need training the most are the guys at the end of the bench, except of course for those guys being "trained" only for profit, and how logical is that?

This Post:
273717.9 in reply to 273717.8
Date: 10/01/2015 10:57:47
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, and those who distort a logical argument into one such as you state here do it either because they don't understand a more logical approach, or just to play Devil's Advocate. The guys who need training the most are the guys at the end of the bench, except of course for those guys being "trained" only for profit, and how logical is that?

Yes, it's entirely a logical argument that training time should be prioritized on the scrubs at the very end of the bench, and not on trying to improve the best players on the squad because they're already good enough. I mean, Jordan was good enough coming out of North Carolina, and spending time on him instead of whoever their designated towel-waver was clearly was a mistake. It's a shame that the Bulls decided to train him only for profit to the detriment of their team.

This Post:
273717.10 in reply to 273717.9
Date: 10/01/2015 11:12:42
Overall Posts Rated:
Once again, or should I say yet again, a distortion seems to be necessary to defend the illogical. Kind of makes my case for me, eh?

This Post:
273717.11 in reply to 273717.10
Date: 10/01/2015 11:31:09
Overall Posts Rated:
Once again, or should I say yet again, a distortion seems to be necessary to defend the illogical. Kind of makes my case for me, eh?

Sorry for that. I interpret that when you say that :
The guys who need training the most are the guys at the end of the bench, except of course for those guys being "trained" only for profit, and how logical is that?

you are asserting that a training system that doesn't make improving the 9th-12th best players (which would be what I'd interpret "end of the bench" as) the priority is illogical.

But if you don't like the counterexample I've proffered as a potential proof by contradiction, please feel free to cite the myriad of examples of players who have been relegated to the end of the bench for seasons on end, only to become key cogs in their team's success in the future. If that's *logical*, after all, surely that will be the norm. I mean, what logical head coach would work on scouting their opposition and running sets in practice to get their main players ready for upcoming games when they can use that valuable time to try to make Brian Scalabrine good enough to defend a highschooler.