Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 05/26/2015 09:41:05
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Well I got a key TV Match tonight in what might be a finals preview. So I'm trying to get my lineup together and am looking at my opponent as well. He has decent guards, a below average sf, and then 2 monster big men. His roster screams li to me, but he also runs neutral offenses. I would like to use the best D possible to give me the win.

So here I am here debating about the 2-3 zone. What I want to know is, how much has it improved over the seasons? I would like to know how effective it would be vs perhaps a li and I am also wondering if I miss on their tactic how bad will it end up to be? I also would appreciate on the second part that it isn't a one sentence statement saying "it will be very bad"

I'm reluctant in the history of 2-3 which is why I'm not sure to go with it yet, I have the defenders and rebounders to do it, I'm just scared the old 2-3 zone will come back this game and have my opponents raining threes.

Thanks!

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
This Post:
270703.2 in reply to 270703.1
Date: 05/26/2015 10:11:47
Overall Posts Rated:
If you're sure he isn't going to run an outside offense, I would use it. Sounds like his strength is inside and that's where you need to attack him. If he ends up running a neutral offense it probably won't have much of an effect either way, but you should gain some points if he has an inside focus vs a 2-3.

This Post:
270703.3 in reply to 270703.1
Date: 06/01/2015 08:02:22
Overall Posts Rated:
his neutral offenses will probably favour his big men anyways, so 2-3 zone would be interesting. especially if if his SF is a dud.

if his SF is a dud, have you thought about playing a third big man in YOUR SF position? that will strengthen your zone AND potentially give a mismatch on your offensive end.