This Post:
Date: 12/05/2014 09:45:46
white snake
Bundesliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
From (265255.45)

Motion sg in my opinion should look like this..

Jump Shot: 12 Jump Range: 13
Outside Def.: 13 Handling: 12
Driving: 15 Passing: inept (6 )
Inside Shot: 9 Inside Def.: 8
Rebounding: 9 Shot Blocking:9
Stamina: 15 Free Throw:15

Experience: ???

anything higher than that is a imbalance. Which draws more attention to the next player to pick up the slack , which I think is a great, great thing.. Motion is ran by passing and team flow exp. pace.. the sf does a bit of everything it still depends on your best shooter regardless of who that may be.. also the foe od/id

There are some points I have troble with:
1) stamina 15. The highest possible stamina is 10. It's limited.
2) Motion needs a lot of passing. Passing 4 or 6 is a no-go. Even I, who prefers outside players, had PA 8-11 and I know that it was to low.
3) Experience. It helps you to select good shooting spots and has a very important influence during the end of the forth quarter. But I think you give experience to much power.
4) Rebound. Rebound 9 is okay, but only if you go for a "all positions rebound" team. If you have strong rebound Bigs, a high RB on your SG will only increase his salary.

motion center would look like this in my opinion

Jump Shot:10 Jump Range: 11
Outside Def.: 14 Handling: 8
Driving: 6 Passing:13
Inside Shot: 9 Inside Def.:10
Rebounding:8 Shot Blocking: 9
Stamina: 10 Free Throw: 14

Experience:????

this is a motion center the best I could create to predict. I think inside shot could be 10-11 im not 100%.. the ft has to the highest point on him to produce points and take shots. this will exploit a OD and id.

1) FT. A high FT skill doesn't mean that your guy will take a lot of shots. It only helps your player to score FTs. To force FTs your player needs high offensie skills to overpower the defender and force him to foul
2) Maybe less JS, but the idea of this JS/JR ratio is good. I played with almost such a player in the U21 and he was a strong scorer in outside tactics.
3) Inside skills. In Motion the C takes only around 13% of all shots. That's almost nothing. PG, SG and SF takes up to 70% (if your PF isn't a strong scorer). This means you don't need a lot of IS, but ID, RB and SB should be high. Your example will have big problems with every IS 11+ player. He will be outplayed, outscored and outrebounded. Give him less OD and more inside skills.
4) PA. good thing. You want him as a supporter for your guards, so PA 13 will keep the flow high and create open shots.

Push the ball is Ran by the pg/sg /sf/ is fast and based on exp. As far as that goes I think Jr/jr and driving a play huge factor also handling. I'm not sure to speak on player field placement and team timing. That is debatable thing but I assume its true in a way for mass point production or over all in the tactic. I would say the more flow and exp the better it works.. I put Max to show these are the very important factors. these skill are for all 3. position pf/c I will not tell. I will not and Cant spoil it all..

Jump Shot: 12-14 Jump Range:13-14
Outside Def.:??? Handling:12-15
Driving: Max Passing: max
Inside Shot: max Inside Def.: ???
Rebounding: 11 Shot Blocking: 9
Stamina: max Free Throw:10

1) IS. Why would you take IS to 20? 75% of the shots in RnG are taken from mid and long range.
2) I would go with at least JS 17. You need firepower. JS 12-14 is to low. You have to keep in mind that most of the current guards have OD 14-17. The will shut your guys down.
3) PA. You don't need a max. passing. PA is important but fast tactics like RnG or Ptb rely more on driving and fast shots.

This Post:
265332.2 in reply to 265332.1
Date: 12/05/2014 10:04:00
white snake
Bundesliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
I think R&G offense creation is no different the push the ball. I would change a few things. Do don't need much passing in run in only in the PG and Pf to me thats the deal breaker. Ifyou want sg to be lethal. there you go. when I put max it show this skill that is important. the one I put a said number they are important by strength code. depends on you as a managers really more than my personal opinion r said number put.

Jump Shot: max Jump Range:max
Outside Def.: 8 Handling: max
Driving: max Passing: 5
Inside Shot: max Inside Def.: 6
Rebounding: 8 Shot Blocking: ???
Stamina: max Free Throw: 15

1) Pu**y the ball... I hate this tactic. It's an alibi tactic for managers. If you don't know what to do, just play Ptb.
2) There is a big difference in RnG and Ptb. Ptb will rely on missmatches. That can be your C or your SG. And if you don't find a missmatch you are screwed. Your guys will just fire stupid shots. RnG will go with your three strongest shooters and it will try to overpower the defenders. They will try to score and force shooting fouls. If I have some heavy skilled guards, I want them to shot and I want them to destroy the defense of my opponents. That's the big difference. RnG is a tank which hits hard, just like LI currently.
3) IS. It's the same again. You don't need max. IS. RnG is a long-mid range offense. Driving layups need a little bit IS, but most of the defending guards are a mess on ID and SB, you you can outplay them with DR.

Every position need some slighlty different skill based on position please note that.

I know.

I don't think R&G work with flow much,,I think its a erratic very unpredictable tactic based on skill out right and passing

This makes no sense. Flow=team passing. So either RnG doesn't need flow/team passing or it does.

Some other stuff:
- You wrote several times max. Stamina. So this would be 10. But that's hard to keep so let's say 8 or 9. I'm with you that stamina is important...BUT it depends on how you play. Defense needs more stamina than offense. Fast pace more then neutral and more than slow. If you always play slow/neutral offense and defense, you don't need a high stamina.
- If you want to skill your players for a certain tactic, take first a look at this tactic. You need to know which shots are take, why they are taken and which skills you need. You will have a hard time with your Motion C.

This Post:
265332.3 in reply to 265332.2
Date: 12/05/2014 12:01:08
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm a regular reader of your discussions. I find more info there than almost anywhere else. No, on second thought, I wouldn't say "almost."

Your analyses give me a framework to understand the tactics, which in turn helps me evaluate players' skillsets. This in turn, helps me develop my roster through the transfer list and training (although frankly I think training is so overwhelmingly illogical in this game that I consider it broken). I have learned that what is "too low" for one manager in a high division is a pipe dream out of reach for a manager at a lower division, so I temper my expectations accordingly.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

This Post:
265332.6 in reply to 265332.4
Date: 12/06/2014 06:15:35
white snake
Bundesliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
I asked Mr. Glass for the skills to have examples. Sometimes it's easier to discuss the tactics with exact numbers than in general. I have no problems in posting something like "you need PA at the same level as your opponents OD" or "your ID and SB should be close to your opponents IS". We tried this in Germany. But there was always the wish for an example with numbers.

This Post:
265332.7 in reply to 265332.6
Date: 12/06/2014 13:56:13
Overall Posts Rated:
Sometimes it's easier to discuss the tactics with exact numbers than in general. I have no problems in posting something like "you need PA at the same level as your opponents OD" or "your ID and SB should be close to your opponents IS". We tried this in Germany. But there was always the wish for an example with numbers.

The exact numbers so frequently discussed apply at a particular division, and often the discussions are of the very top divisions. The relative skill ratings are no less important and are applicable at all divisional levels, I think, in pretty much the same way. It seems that a discussion with ONLY numbers or ONLY relativity is a discussion of one hand clapping, though I get more out of the discussions relating skills or describing patterns of skills than I do out of discussions of top-division players.