BuzzerBeater Forums

BB England > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by

To: RiP
This Post:
158721.3 in reply to 158721.2
Date: 10/10/2010 10:46:32
Overall Posts Rated:
RIP, have you pulled out?

To: RiP
This Post:
158721.5 in reply to 158721.4
Date: 10/11/2010 12:04:26
Overall Posts Rated:
As a fellow Canadian and someone who has followed the NT under RiP's guidance I can assure you he is a great choice for this position. Not only does he nderstand the game extremely well, but he is also very dedicated. During his tenure in Canada he not only fielded very strong teams, but he also started a very strong tracking system that has been passed on to the current managers. His communication with fellow members of the community and development of an off-site forum has been a huge asset to the Canadian community and would surely be a huge part of helping the English cmmunities groth.

Good luck RiP, hope you get a chance to show what you are truely capable of.

As for a question for all candidates. I am curious what the candidates see as Englands biggest strength and biggest weakness. And how they would plan to try and take advantage of or comprimise for.

Cheers!!

This Post:
158721.6 in reply to 158721.1
Date: 10/12/2010 12:48:52
Overall Posts Rated:
As far as i'm aware, the election ends tonight. If anyone in the English community is on the fence, i'd HIGHLY recommend Mister Q, he's been unbelievably helpful to me, advising me on numerous occasions and often helping with training regimes and so on. He had all the time in the world for me when I was new to this game and I want to repay the favour, good luck Q :)

This Post:
158721.7 in reply to 158721.6
Date: 10/12/2010 14:24:05
Overall Posts Rated:
Look at his teams performance. Look at his players. He has done nothing. HE hasnåt produced any good players. How can he be U-21 coach?

What good is it if he has a lot of time and is helpful if his hel is not gooD?

I´d go with the experienced canadian if I were you.

This Post:
158721.8 in reply to 158721.7
Date: 10/12/2010 16:09:41
Overall Posts Rated:
His team promoted from Div.3 to Div.2 what more do you want?, He has trained V.Serrano from drafting him and got him 69k of salary, A.Roura is currently on his U21 team at the age of 20, how can you say he hasn't produced any good players?

But whatever, you vote for whoever you want in this election. Oh wait, you can't.

This Post:
158721.9 in reply to 158721.7
Date: 10/12/2010 18:13:36
Overall Posts Rated:
Dear Rosen,

Apparently you have some problems realizing that the Belgian federation is not as easy as the Swedish one.

I quote:
Look at his teams performance. Look at his players. He has done nothing.

It is true that I'm only in D.II (just like you) although I have decent players. Now look man, the Swedish federation has 304 active members, the Belgian one has 783 users. In other words, the Belgian federation is twice as tough as the Swedish one. Besides, you have better players than I do, in an easier federation than mine, and you're only in D.II? Wake up, man! I'm in the same division as you are, with players that aren't as great as yours. If I'd had your players I'd be in the Belgian D.I. And if I'd been in the Swedish federation with the players you have I'd be playing the D.I Play-Offs season after season.
So, you claim that I have done nothing, although I'm at the same stage as you are, with a weaker team than yours, but in a tougher federation!? What's wrong with you? Do you have some problems with logic?
Moreover man... I have played the D.II Finals with my "bad" players. Whereas you, with your great players... you haven't.

HE hasnåt produced any good players.

That is very funny. I haven't produced any good player... Do you know the history of my team? Look:
- Victor Serrano: He has a salary of 69k. True, it isn't a very high salary for a C. But hey, I stopped his training when he was 20 years old. Although he got injured for the largest part of the season when he was 21 years old he played for the Belgian U21 team.
- Alfons Roura: He's Andorra's third best U21 player, and he's only 20 years old. By the way, he is Andorra U21's best PG.
- Sergio Siva Pacheco: He's 20 years old and has a salary of 21k, which isn't bad for a PG. He is among Spain's best 20 year old players. For your information, Spain has one of the largest community on Buzzer Beater.
- Cedric McCord: One of the first Cs I ever trained. He played for the American U21 team. For your information, the USA has one of the largest community on Buzzer Beater
- Steven Escudie: My first trainee. He played for the French U21 team. For your information, France has one of the largest community on Buzzer Beater.
Appart from that, you're absolutely right, I haven't produced any good players.
Oh, of course, some players were better than mine at the same age. Nobody's perfect, but let me tell you something. This is a basketball managing game. In other words, it's not only about training the best possible players, it is about training the players that you need. What would I have done with players with a salary of 200k? Go bankrupt? Sell them although no one wants players with such a high salary, and as a consequence lose money?

Now, of course you reached the Swedish D.II faster than I reached the Belgian D.II (although I'd also promoted after four seasons in D.III). As I previously said, 304 members in Sweden, 783 in Belgium... In other words, it's easier to be among the best in Sweden than in Belgium, since there are less contenders in Sweden.
Moreover, since you reached D.II faster then I did, you earned more Merchandising, Stadium or TV revenues, which allowed you to build up your team faster than I did.

Last edited by Mister Q (Luxembourg U21 Manager) at 10/12/2010 18:29:01

This Post:
158721.10 in reply to 158721.9
Date: 10/12/2010 18:30:00
Overall Posts Rated:
What good is it if he has a lot of time and is helpful if his hel is not gooD?

Did I ever help you? How do you know whether my help is good or not?
I have helped a lot of people since I'm the manager of the U21 team. None of them have ever complained that I had provided them with bad advice.
Most of the managers who asked for help have seen their players being called up to the U21 team, or coming close to the U21 requirements. Some of them have 20 year old players that are near to reaching the U21 requirements, although they still have one season to develop.

You don't know my team but you know I've done nothing...
I have never helped you but you know my help is not good...
Before talking try to use the thing that lays between your ears, Rosen (if only that's possible), and collect some information on the people you insult! It will prevent you from being stupid.

Sincerely,

Mister Q