BuzzerBeater Forums

Scotland - II.1 > Season 13 discussion

Season 13 discussion

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/18/2010 09:55:54
Overall Posts Rated:
So we're already 5 games into the season, who do you think will be promoted this year?

Last season I was really shocked that eastside ballerz lost the final but I think this year they can finally win it. The Glasgow Falcons is a very interesting team, last year they looked very good but then they surprisingly started to play like crap at the end of the season and then went on to lose against aber-don in the playoffs, not sure what happened. That's why I don't know what to think of them this year, although players like Théophile Gravel look likely to make a difference in the final stages.

This Post:
152028.2 in reply to 152028.1
Date: 07/23/2010 14:22:43
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes it will be a very tough season this year i dont know who will win this year. There is a lot of possible teams to qualify i just cant pick this one. Well good luck everyone.

This Post:
152028.3 in reply to 152028.2
Date: 07/31/2010 16:07:28
Overall Posts Rated:
It wasn't really that shocking last season except for TGF losing to aberdon, as for this season there are only a few active players at this point I think 3 in the big 8 and 4 in he great 8 so playoff seems certain for all players involved. Who will promote I'll say one of 5 players.

This Post:
152028.4 in reply to 152028.3
Date: 08/07/2010 20:35:33
Overall Posts Rated:
Not sure If anybofy is checking this thread anymore but some things I want to share about my summary of events and teams through the first half or so of the season with a little review of my thoughts with it.

Well the strongest 4 teams frrom the divisions look like;

Granite City -
The only undeafeted team left out there.
UniOfAbdn seems to know what he is doing well and has brought together a close group of very strong players (Not saying why I say a strong group of players but Believe me they are strong).
Transfer wise he only brought in one player so far this season He is a strong player who adds to an already skilled team.
Prediction will definately make it to the final play-off game and win the big 8.

The Glasgow Falcons -
They are at the top of the great 8 but the lead has been brought down after a loss tonight.
Ryyan looks like a top notch manager in the making like the manager above, team wise has a few star players and players too back them up.
Transfers Brought in 2 players this season one has since retired so can't comment on his purchase, the other hasbeen a capible consistant performer for the team so seems a good pickup.
Prediction will win the great 8 league season and as for the playoffs no comment.

eastside ballerz -
A 9-2 record this season, are the best of the rest in the big 8.
GregorDavies Has been picking up the game pretty Quick and lookslike he's getting better all the time, No-one you could really call a star player but seems to have a nice balance of players who know their job and how to do it.
Transfers Paid big bcks for a guy that seems to pay avarage at best every game I don't think he was worth the 378 600 that was paid for him TBH.
Prediction will almost cerainaly be in the play-offs League position a bi fuzzy but will be in the top 3.

Scottish Leo
A 10-1 record qite a bit ahead of the nearest rival for second so the best of the rest in the great 8.
Meh not saying anything about me so I'll just speak about the players, No star players or even a stand out player Yet they fight for every point everygame.
Transfers yet again only one not a stand out performer but has bee consistant worth his 110 000 pricetag I think so.
Prediction top 2 in league gaurenteed playoffs no comment.

As for how I see the remainder of the season in the great 8 I don't think there will be much change the top 4 will undoubtedly be the 4 already there, as for the big 8 If an active player joins there will be a chnge if not I really can't say for the bots So I'll somment on the top 3 remaining the top 3 might be a change for 2nd but 1st is seteled IMHO.

To fill in on a few things when I say avarage rating I meen 7 that's just my view on avarage in this game.

I'd love to hear some feed back from you guys both commenting on my summary and adding your own but notm sure if anyone is still reading this so.

Disclaimer these are only my opinons please do not get offended if you don't agree with something.
Good luck Guys and have fun
James out.

Edit there are spelling mistakes in there sorry but it is one of my weaker points so if there is anything not clear please let me know.

Edit 2 got my maths slightly wrong with mine and Ryyan's teams but still the same goes for what I said.

Last edited by JAMES113 at 08/08/2010 11:03:26

This Post:
152028.5 in reply to 152028.4
Date: 08/09/2010 14:55:53
Overall Posts Rated:
thanks for the summary im a bit down after that loss. This will be close since we dont know what could happen just look at last season we suffered an embarassing defeat to aber-don i am not saying aber-don are bad but we were really comfertable with the way we were playing and then that happened and my last match was a surprise, well I am looking forward to my next match against Granite City which will be undoudtably the hardest match of the season. Well stick on everyone hope to see some of you guys still on BB for these forthcoming seasons.

This Post:
152028.6 in reply to 152028.5
Date: 08/09/2010 17:06:45
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah what happened in that play-off game last season I thought for sure it be you and Dun contesting but adon surprised me.

I'd love to see these forums packed with more life but it took me a season and a half to find them I'm sure others will show at some point.

As for this tomorrows fixtures It should be a good game between you two I might check it out if it plays on time :S

Your going to move into the easier side of the other side of the division (bots) where I'm the opposite moving to the strong 3 guys over there but I'm not aiming for a win at this point 11 games to play and I'm only thinking 6-7 wins max looking more at the play-offs as I already think I'm there safely and hope to take revenge in there :)

should be an interesrting remainder of the season.
Good luck Ryyan and all others.

Last edited by JAMES113 at 08/10/2010 08:06:13

This Post:
152028.7 in reply to 152028.6
Date: 08/11/2010 19:35:44
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for putting the effort in and writing a lengthy summary of our division. The season has been going pretty well for me so far and now I think that there are 4 teams that can win and I think we all agree on this one (except for the possibility that someone has been saving money and will splash the cash just before the playoffs :D). I kind of overlooked Scottish Leo to be honest because I didn't even know it had an active manager until recently but I can see now that they are strong contenders for the final right now. eastside ballerz seems to be playing a bit weaker than last season, I don't even know if there manager is still active because it's been a while since I saw him do anything in the news and it's not clear how they will perform in the playoffs. The Glasgow Falcons probably has the best squad in the division but after the last league game, where I won by 30 points against Ryyan, it is now really clear what their problem seems to be and why they lost against aber-don last year. If they fix this problem, they could be back...

This Post:
152028.8 in reply to 152028.7
Date: 08/11/2010 20:06:17
Overall Posts Rated:
And now for the reason as to why I believe The Glasgow Falcons are not reaching their potential:

It's the Game Shape, your players have terrible game shape.

Let's take the 3 leaders of your team

Valery Koposov: game shape - mediocre
Grant MacKissock: game shape - inept
Henry Rewane: game shape - average

That's really terrible game shape for this time of the season, it should be strong or proficient by now. You need to get the Game Shape up, it's a very important factor as to how your team performs. If you look at your season you can see that your game has been spiralling downwards because your Game Shape had been going down. That's why you lost to aber-don last season, it''s because by the end of the season the shape of your players was terrible.

In order to sustain and improve the Game Shape, a player needs to play between 48 and 90 minutes in a week (that's three games). Let's take Valery Koposov as an example and see how much he played last week.

Against eastside ballerz = 48 minutes
Against Midlothian Magics = 36 minutes
Against Atomics = 48 minutes

That's 48 + 36 + 48 = 132 minutes

Remember a player needs to play between 48 and 90 minutes and V.Koposov played 132, which is way too much. That's why his Game Shape went down and that's why your results are getting worse. If you would have not registered him for the Scrimmage against Atomics, he would have played 84 minutes, which would have been much better. Don't register your main players for friendlies, let the people who don't have 48 minutes of playtime play so they can reach that number and can improve their Game Shape as well. Also, if your player doesn't play 48-90 minutes in that week, the training won't work on him and his skills will not improve, so the right number of minutes is one of the most important aspects of BuzzerBeater.

Before you register players for the Scrimmage game, select Weekly Stats from the menu on the left (make sure to pick the Long Menu) and check how many minutes each player has played, this way you will know who needs to play the Friendly game.

Hope this will help you and good luck.

This Post:
152028.9 in reply to 152028.8
Date: 08/12/2010 18:11:31
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh god i completely overlooked that thank you much, I have been focused on the jump shot, stamina etc training and have overlooked this i will get to it right away. As I said thanks you not just to UniOfAbd but to the everyone who has wrote on this forum.

This Post:
152028.10 in reply to 152028.7
Date: 08/13/2010 07:11:10
Overall Posts Rated:
I must say I overlooked the fact Ryyan was doing that as well the only thing I don't agree with is the maximum number of minutes I generally see 75 minutes as the maximum needed and that's at a push, as you can see from my teams game shape they are all sitting between respectable and proficient, as are yours. Two different theories but both seem to be as respectable as each other.

Dude I'll say one thing for your team though Yuo need a power forward you may have players who can sit in that role but from my own experience players built for that position IE there favourtie position tend to play better in it.

This Post:
152028.11 in reply to 152028.10
Date: 08/13/2010 11:27:27
Overall Posts Rated:
You're actually right, I read somewhere in a forum that it's 48-90 minutes but another source said 48-80 minutes and I didn't know who to believe but last week one of my players played 88 minutes and his game shape went down, so the limit is actually 75/80 minutes per week. The best amount is just over 48 (about 60) because that way the game shape actually improves and if a player plays just a few minutes below the maximum (e.g. 74), the game shape stays the same. At least that's my observation, don't know if it's entirely true.