BuzzerBeater Forums

BB England > U21 National Team Speeches

U21 National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
136172.2 in reply to 136172.1
Date: 03/23/2010 02:59:37
Overall Posts Rated:
I am a candidate for the national team for a long time playing this game I'm waiting for your vote
I've already made a national team coach

Last edited by alper7490 at 03/23/2010 03:01:19

This Post:
136172.3 in reply to 136172.2
Date: 03/23/2010 07:48:05
Ramat-Ilan Pilots
Ligat Ha'al
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Flutzer Fleatzers
Hello
My name is Arbel and I'm an Israel residance (near Tel-Aviv). I've been in this game for the last 2 and some years (since season 3) and I worked my way up the standing in the different Israeli leagues. For the last season I've been a scout for the Israeli national team and I would really like the chance to work with a national team as a head coach.

Why do I fit the job? Firstly and mostly, I have a lot of time to invest in the team. And you see, England has so much unfulfilled potential. The last tournament we lost to Bulgaria who has almost half of the active players we have. And look at the Israel U21 national team that is the Europe Cup Champions, and lost to France at the final of the world championship only because the french had home-court advantage. the Israelis don't have so many active players. they are alot like England.

I think whoever gets elected needs to do a lot more than just talking. you need to hire scouts who'll help you in whatever need. the national coach has to find players who are ready to the team and who can be ready with good training. One of my objectives is the set up a good foundation for seasons to come. A coach needs to talk to the coaches who train all these players, the coaches need to work with the national team and keep their players' shape in order.

Now I know you may think that because I'm not Israeli I don't deserve the job, but you're team deffinately deserves a devoted national coach. And I won't be the first international coach - that sweedish guy Sven Goran Ericson (lol). As you see I have great English and that won't be a problem.

To conclude, I just wish that you read my speech and not dismissed it. I really believe and love this game. God bless.

This Post:
136172.4 in reply to 136172.1
Date: 03/23/2010 11:57:04
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi Everyone
Im Done_Dude and im running for U21 NT coach. I have learnt alot about this game over the past 6-7 Months and I now feel im ready to take on the challenge of being England U21 NT coach. My record in Season 11 was 22 - 0 and i never lost in my league once, i lost a cup game, but that was it. Also, i feel i could bring England that Trophy this season that we have been longing for so long!
Thanks All :)

Done_Dude :)

Also I would need scouts and Possibly a Assistant Coach for the team so i would have Interviews to find the best at the possible position.
I would Need:
Assistant Coach - Give views on the team, the tactics.
PG/SG Scout - Scouts the PG/SG role
SF Scout - Scouts the SF role
PF/C Scout - Scouts the PF/C role

If You have Any Questions dont hesitate to ask me :)

Last edited by Done Dude™ at 03/24/2010 04:00:52

This Post:
136172.5 in reply to 136172.4
Date: 03/23/2010 12:54:29
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi England!

As you may remember, I was part of a team that applied for this place in season 9 (the headcoach was Fenómeno (39173). Despite having lost the elections, we decided to stick here and preparing ourselves better for the next elections. And here we are!

Who am I?

My name is Vasco, and I live in Porto (Portugal). I'm 17 years old and, as I'm a student, I have plenty of time available. I play basketball since I'm 11 years old, so it's one of my big passions of life.
I started playing BuzzerBeater since season 7, and I'm in league III from Portugal since season 10.

As you know, every year arrive bunches of players to the game. Some of them are useless for England National Team, but the number of players worth training is still big. That's why I think that this is not a one man job, but a team job.

Our team will look like this:

• Head Coach Vasco92 (94111)

• PG/SG Scout Fenómeno (39173)
• SF Scout Pjays (37775)
• PF/C Scout Vasco92 (94111)

Both Fenómeno and Pjays will help me in some tactical choices, because 3 heads think better than one.

What are our goals?

• One of the main goals of any U21 NT is to create players capable of, some years later, help in the Senior National Team. We think the same way, so we will try to increase the quantity and quality of the English players.
How will we do this? After gathering all the names of players that have a chance of hitting NT in the future, we will talk to all of their coaches via BB-mail, and tell them about the advantages of training a player like that. Then, we will try to follow the development of those players, by asking for constant updates.

• By talking with these coaches, we are also working on another of our goals, turn England into a more active and interested community. How is that related? In our weekly messaging, we will start asking them to go check on the forums. We will also develop some new threads that can help new users getting into the game.

• The results. I won't say things like "Vote for me and we will be World Champions" or " If I win we will be the best in the world". An U21 National Team is a long term project (more precisely a four season project). The players need to be develop since the age of 18 if we want to be competitive. So in terms of results, we will try to place on the top 4 teams of our group and maybe we can give some troubles to the "bigger" teams. All we can ensure is that we will do the best, so that, in a couple of seasons, England as what it takes to be one of those "big" teams.

Vote Vasco92 for a better future! ;)

This Post:
136172.6 in reply to 136172.1
Date: 03/23/2010 14:13:01
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello England,

I am Mister Q, manager of the Belgian Division III team Silent Psycho. I would like to apply for the job of manager of the English U21 team for several reasons, which I am going to tell you in this short speech.

My view on the U21 team:

The U21 team is a part of the NT team, which is supposed to help people train the young and upcoming stars. The people selected onto the U21 team are amongst the best of their generation, and have got a decent chance to move further to the NT team. If the U21 team fails to produce good talent, then the NT team can't improve either, because they won't have any new fresh players joining up their squad. So the most important task of a U21 team is to assure that the prospects are being trained in a decent way. And it goes without saying: if the U21 team prospects (those are all the players they monitor from age 18 to 21!) are being trained correctly, then good results will follow.

Why would you put the future of the English U21 team in the hands of a Belgian D.III manager?

1) I have experience:

I have been managing my team for 7 seasons so far. I started out in III.16 in season 4. After 4 seasons, I promoted to II.4 where in my first season I was 3 points away of getting promoted to the BBBL. But during my time in II.4, I started realizing that I needed to upgrade my team’s defence, if I would want to go up to the BBBL one day. Unfortunately, I couldn't train my players without having them fouling out all the time, so I got myself relegated to III.4. This season was a training season for me, and even though I made progress my defence isn't strong enough yet to move back to a II division and reclaim my spot amongst Belgium’s Best II division before working my way up to the BBBL. So I’ll be staying one more season in III.4 before promoting out of my division.

2) I know what it takes to train players ( especially C's) for a U21 (and possible NT) team

Until last season, I have been training C's. Some of them were selected for their U21 teams, others for the NT team. My first C to be selected into the U21 team was C. McCord (4484156). He was selected at the age of 20 into the USA U21 team. He was on the U21 team for 2 whole seasons. After that, V.Serrano(8147174) has been on the U21 Belgium team for 2 whole seasons as well, being selected at the age of 20. He currently is ranked 6th amongst Belgium’s best C's, according to the Belgium NT coach. I’ve also had S. Escudie (2369271) who was selected by the French NT team. This just to show that I know what it takes to train great C's. Of course, having great C's won't win any games. You need to have other good players as well. Therefore I have asked several managers to lend me their expertise and experience. A list of those who have agreed to help out can be found at the bottom of this speech. They will assist me in keeping track of all of England’s prospects.

3) Short term goals

If I get selected, then my first goal is to scout as many players as possible. My staff and I will go through all of the divisions, looking at every young and upcoming talent. We’ll then put them all in a database, and provide assistance to the coaches with the promising prospects. Those who wish to train a player feel free to mail me, and I’ll put your name down and notify you if a player gets released to the TL

My second goal would be to continue the setup of the current U21 coach and to further develop those players as well.

Finally, I’ll try to end up high with the English U21 team, though this goal will only be achieved if players are trained well.

This Post:
136172.7 in reply to 136172.6
Date: 03/23/2010 14:14:45
Overall Posts Rated:
4) My U21 team

Running a U21 team takes a lot of time. If you'd stick to having 3 players in each position of each age (18, 19, 20 and 21) then that would mean that I would have to keep track of 60 players all by myself (72 if you want to be sure of having filled up rosters). If that is the case, it is likely that I’ll miss out a mail or 2 of the coaches who are training future U21 prospects. To assure you that each and every U21 prospect will get the care that he needs, I have assembled a team of experienced managers who will help me out keeping track of everyone, and who can provide you with advice and a training schedule so that your trainee will pop as fast as possible. If I were to be elected, then these managers will be helping me out:

Dabomby, manager of Dabombs (EBBL Champ in season 6, 7,10 and 11). He’ll be helping me out with the PG's.

Astragoth, manager of Predator Moonims (relegated from EBBL this season) and current U21 coach. He’ll be helping me following the Combo guards and shooting guards.

Fluff, manager of FC warriors (III.5). He’ll be assisting me in keeping track of the PF's.

Mister_Q (myself) I’ll be leading this U21 team and I’ll be helping keeping track of the remaining 2 positions (SF and C's).

So all you need to do is vote for me (Mister_Q) and I’ll take care of your U21 team and see to it that the good work that was done by Astragoth won't be wasted

May the best candidate win the election.

Mister_Q

This Post:
136172.8 in reply to 136172.7
Date: 03/24/2010 09:09:06
Flying Dreams
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello Folks!

My name is Felipe Bonomi, aka Bonomi. Currently i'm the Brazil U-21 coach. I'm looking for new challenges and i see the England u-21 can be a good fit for me.

Some facts about me:
. I play BB since season 3
. I was Island NT coach for 2 seasons (5,6)
. I was Brazil U-21 team coach for 4 seasons (8, 9, 10, 11)

I know many things about team management, but could only help if the community wants to help. Anyone can win and call the best freshmen, but only with the right training they will develop properly.

Anyway, I may not be the best candidate, I'm not perfect, but I like to try.