BB England > aftermath U21

aftermath U21

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/02/2009 14:22:35
Overall Posts Rated:
Helloooo

I am sure 3 guys will be in a celebrating mood cause I lost against Bosnia tonight. I was afraid they would play an outside defense and was hoping to play with 4 inside guys and to outscore them.

Outside scoring for Bosnia vs Inside scoring for us, I would say we would have won the game. Why we had to shoot 13 outside shots, I seriously got no clue. 13 shots and 13 misses. We out rebounded them 60 - 45...

After the next season, I will not rerun for the U21 position. I wanted to do my best and although I think I was unlucky because Sweden and Bosnia outsmarted me on tactics, I dont think anyone else would have done a better job. Some people as we all know will be all over me because I didnt win the 3 games as I said we would. These people even have send me patronising private emails telling me what to do etc. This really removes the fun to run the U21, let these people do the job and see how they get on with the job.

I will do my best in the coming games to improve our world rankings. We have great inside players, but we really lack guards.

Good luck to Elboss and he surely will have my support to continue doing his great England job for many more seasons to come. I hope the rest off the community will support him too...

This Post:
117667.2 in reply to 117667.1
Date: 11/03/2009 15:13:52
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello, Remember me?

I just wanted to extend something of what should of came sooner. You have done a good job with a team that is only as good as the trainers make them. While I may not of agreed with your tactics, I thought you got the most out of the team which is important and your high support rate throughout the time should speak volumes to the job you did. Keep in mind - mine never made it back to 50%. No matter what I was routing for you and the NT.

During my term, I really thought I was the problem and I too receive messages from managers that really took the fun out of the U21 team. It is easy to say don't worry about it, but it really does take the fun out of the job. When elboss took over, I thought some of that would change, but I was wrong. It's my guess that silence speaks volumes and in this instance it did. There are some good managers out there who are making their teams better with England Players and I would suggest you reconsider your positioning about next season.

Positioning in the U21 is most important. I am now of the opinion that it takes a couple of cycles just to move into the elite. The improvement from the previous season allowed you to be in a better positioned division. The next seasons 2nd chance games will enhance the future team. Do well and get a higher seed with a better chance to get to the second round

I would suggest you reconsider. If I had to do again, I would of knowing I could of done better. If you do not run again all the work you did would be lost as a "new direction", with different ideas and a different knowledge base

This Post:
117667.3 in reply to 117667.1
Date: 11/03/2009 16:36:44
Overall Posts Rated:
These people even have send me patronising private emails telling me what to do etc.

Well, you you felt somehow ofended with my bb-mail, that was not what my idea when I did it. I just asked you if you had talked with the managers about the gameshapes. I know that it is a very important aspect of the game and the best for England is to have their best players with the best GS's. If I remember, I even volunteered myself to help you. So as you see, it was not my intention to offend you.

After the next season, I will not rerun for the U21 position.

I think it is still very ealy for you to take those decisions. You still have a season and a half.

This Post:
117667.4 in reply to 117667.1
Date: 11/04/2009 16:45:57
Overall Posts Rated:
Don't sweat it Astra. When you won the position, you got my vote partly because you had quite a realistic, even downbeat, assessment of where England was in terms of U21. I didn't expect the team to do very well early doors, and your predictions for results once you'd taken on the job seemed a little optimistic to me. If you're now not enjoying the job then don't feel you have to do it again, but the crucial stuff for me is not whether your team won or lost particular games, but are you building a squad of potential players. I know you inspired me to buy and train an 18yo England prospect, hopefully others have done the same, and in a couple of years there might be a squad capable of winning some more matches. That's the real test of whether you should run again, not results against Bosnia in a tournament we had no hope in.

Can you post up some kind of assessment of whether you think the U21s of various ages are developing according to your expectations or not? I don't know what view you have as a NAT coach to see the skills of all players, but can you see how fast the English draft picks are being trained this year? If you can, can you summarise that information for the community?

Also, what's the progress on getting a secure forum to discuss tactics? I signed up for the federation, but that's quiet. And the off-site using bbstats doesn't seem to have worked, unless I've missed it. What's the plan?

This Post:
117667.5 in reply to 117667.4
Date: 11/07/2009 05:04:19
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello Wiggy

I thought I would give you a quick update as to what is happening in the U21 team...

At the start off the season with the help from Elboss and a few others we made a short list off potential future U21 and NT candidates. I have checked on the progress off these players and unfortunately a few quite good players were made retired. It isnt all gloom and doom and I did see that some 18 and 19 year old players are making some great progres. This prompted me in adding Nigel Cubby (9441854) and Garry Guite (6848935) to the U21 team and I will make sure they will both get some playing minutes. Especially Cubby looks like a great prospect and Guite could become a more than decent guard one day. Perhaps he wont play many games for the U21s but if he gets a few more seasons training he could be a good prospect for the NT.

Secondly I contacted the coached for the players that are left over and asked them for a status update. I received quite a lot replies, but in about 6 different languages and I need to sort this out and change it into some raw data. Once I have this information, I will share it with Elboss and discuss the future potential with him.

Thirdly, there is still an issue that I want to discuss soon and I will do so later this week on the federation forum and I hope some people will join in. We need to find a way to locate teams that go into bot mode sooner and we need to find a way to detect which players are assigned new teams. In both cases we might loose out on great prospects, but I would most likely need some help with that. I will post my ideas on this later this week.

The BBstats forum was never set up for us and I only got vague answers. I cant blame the owner because I am sure he is very busy. The federation forum is quiet as never before and I am not sure if we can breath more life into this english community either. We used to have an offsite forum and when i remember correctly we had 3 or 4 regular visitors. No point opening a seperate forum if you ask me. If you and others believe there is a need for an offsite forum, I will do my best to find one...

It is good to know you are training a future prospect. I tried to do the same. but due to the thoughness off my league and the fact that I already had several trainees I didnt have more room for one. After this season I will be training 1 more season Inside skills and after that I will go back to guard training. It seems that inside training is heavily favoured in our community and that has resulted in a lack off good guards. This problem isnt short term, but will be long term. Wre need to either find some feeder teams or someone that is willing to sacrifice his club career for a few seasons and train some great english players instead. I am seriously contemplating doing that, but off course that is a massive decision I wont take easily and need alot off time considering from my side...

TBC

This Post:
117667.6 in reply to 117667.5
Date: 03/26/2010 08:50:15
Overall Posts Rated:
I know this is an old thread. But I saw this on google results about BB-Stats

There has been a forum for the English team on (http://forum.buzzerbeaterstats.com) since 2008 (it has changed addresses a few times but it has been linked from BB-Stats.org)

I think Moomin set it up as he is the guy who has control over the contributor user group.

If the new U21 coach or the NT coach would like to be in control of the usergroup please BBMail me and I will set it up.

Creator of (http://www.buzzerbeaterstats.com) and (http://www.buzzerbeaternews.com/) -- Ex GM of Australia -- Division 1 winner of Italy Season 1 then moved team to Australia after the country was created by the BBs. Australian team manager for 2 seasons. Won various tournaments and division 1 titles in the following seasons.
This Post:
117667.7 in reply to 117667.6
Date: 03/26/2010 09:51:57
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi GM-JudgeNik,

I am Mister Q, a candidate currently running for U21 England team. I had no track of any extrenal forums, so i have asked someone to create one for me. The link will be posted in the upcoming hours, as the final check of visibility is being preformed to ensure that nobody who isn't supposed to see the data on the U21 prospects can see it. As it stands now, we don't have any GM/LA's of BB on that forum yet, though we'd be happy to welcome some in order to see to it that there is nothing done on this forum that isn't supposed to be done on the own ingame BB forums.

I hope to see you sign up on the forum soon.

Regards

Mister Q